What is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is a social networking service primarily used for professional networking and online recruiting. It includes employer job posts, job seeker resumes, group forums, and also serves as a publishing platform reaching potentially 100 million+ active users.
LinkedIn allows members to create profiles and “connections” to each other which may represent real-world professional relationships.
Contact with a member requires either an existing relationship (validated by the acceptance of an invite) or an introduction through a connected contact. This “gated-access” approach is intended to build trust among the service’s members.
LinkedIn was purchased by Microsoft on December 8th, 2016 for approximately $26.4 billion.
- Complete your LinkedIn Profile using the tips and tricks below.
- Create A Professional Blog Post for LinkedIn
You should have the following completed by end of week:
- At least 30 contacts
- At least 5 skills
- At least 2 industry groups
- A vanity URL
- Work/Education history for the last decade
- Headshot photo
- Background photo representing the industry you wish to be employed with
In addition, you should complete 100% of your profile.